The Common Pleas Court contains a domestic division which has jurisdiction over cases involving divorce, dissolution, annulments, legal separations, spousal support, and allocation of parental rights and responsibilities. The Domestic Relations Court is located in the Common Pleas Court.
The Domestic Relations Court contains the offices of Magistrates Jerry Bauders and Robert B. Hines.
Wayne County Domestic Relations Court Forms
These forms are provided for the convenience of residents of Wayne County, Ohio. Where indicated, they are in PDF format. To download a free PDF reader, visit www.adobe.com and download Acrobat Reader. To download a particular form, click the name of the document below. Many of these forms can be completed online and then printed out and filed with the Clerk of Courts for Wayne County. Some must be printed and then completed manually. MAKE SURE TO READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
REMEMBER - Legal matters are often complicated and involve issues that are best handled by an attorney. We advise all litigants coming before our court to retain an attorney.
NOTE ON PDF FORMS - These forms cannot be saved with the information you input using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader product. If you complete a form using only Reader, make sure to print it out immediately before leaving the form or you will lose your information. To save the forms with the information intact, you must purchase the full version of the Adobe Acrobat product or set up and use another PDF capable product. The full version of Acrobat Reader can be purchased at www.adobe.com.
METHOD OF COMPLETING FORMS- These forms can be completed on your computer by pressing the "Tab" key on your keyboard to move from field to field and typing in the desired information in each field. To begin, click once in one of the areas where information is to be entered as viewed in Acrobat Reader. Type in the information then hit "Tab" to go to the next field.
WHO SHOULD USE THESE FORMS- These forms can be used by individuals who are not represented by attorneys. They can also be used by attorneys in their practice before our court.
Most, if not all, of the forms necessary to file an action in Domestic Relations Court are found below.
- Affidavit of Specific Facts in Support of Motion - This form is to be used as a supplement to any motion that will allow the filing party to provide the court and the other party more detail regarding the reasons the motion is being filed.
- Application for Child Support Services - This form is required with all new cases involving minor children.
- Child Support Computation Worksheets. There are two worksheets that may apply to your situation:
(A) Sole Residential Parent or Shared Parenting Order - This form is to be completed by the parties when either:
a. One Parent is designated as the residential parent or
b. Shared parenting is ordered.
(B) Split Parental Rights and Responsibilities -This form is to be completed by the parties when one parent is the residential parent for one or more children and the other parent is also the residential parent of one or more children. This worksheet does not apply to a shared parenting order.
(C) Ohio Child Support Guidelines.
- Complaint for Divorce with Minor Children - This form is to be used when filing a Divorce when children were born during the marriage, and these children are still minors.
- Complaint for Divorce with No Minor Children - This form is to be used when filing a Divorce when there were no children born during the marriage, or the children born during the marriage are no longer minors.
- Explanation of Medical Bills Form - this table provides a structured method of providing information to the court regarding medical bills and the allocation of those costs between parents where a dispute involving payment of medicals exists.
- Financial Affidavit for Computation of Child Support, Medical Support and Spousal Support in Divorces & Dissolutions – This form must be filled out by any party involved in a Divorce or Dissolution with Children or post-divorce motion for reallocation of parental rights and responsibilities.
- Financial Affidavit for Use in Divorce-Dissolution Without Minor Children
- Health Care Determination Judgment Entry - This form must be filled out by any party involved in a Divorce, Dissolution, or Legal Separation with minor children, or in any post-decree motion for reallocation of parental rights and responsibilities that involves child support or medical support.
- Helping Children Succeed After Divorce Brochure - This brochure explains the requirements for our pre-divorce educational program for divorcing parents.
- Indigency Affidavit - This form is required for requesting appointed counsel in contempt cases.
- Information for Parenting Proceeding Affidavit - By law, this form must be filed and served with the first pleading filed by each party in every parenting (custody/visitation) proceeding in this court.
- Instructions for Service - The explanation for the use of this form is attached to this form.
- Instructions on How to File Post-Divorce Motions Including Contempt Motions
- Judgment Entry Establishing-Modifying Child Support and Medical Support - This form is to be used as an attachment to a Shared Parenting Plan or in any Post-Divorce case when child support and medical support are being established or modified.
- Judgment Entry of Dissolution with Children with Separation Agreement - This form must be filled out by the parties to a Dissolution with children.
- Judgment Entry of Divorce with Children - This form must be filled out by the parties to a Divorce who have settled the divorce by agreement.
- Judgment Entry for Modifying Child Support and Medical Support
- Medical Expense Notification Form - This form is used to notify the other parent of medical expenses which have been incurred.
- Motion and Order for Appointment of Guardian Ad Litem
- Motion and Order for Continuance – This form is to be used by any party asking that the scheduled court date be changed.
- Motion and Order for In Chambers Interview of Children
- Motion, Affidavit and Judgment Entry for Temporary Orders with Minor Children - This form is to be used when asking for temporary orders to be issued by the court while the Divorce is pending and there are minor children involved in the divorce.
- Motion, Affidavit and Judgment Entry for Temporary Orders with No Minor Children – This form is to be used when asking for temporary orders to be issued by the court while the Divorce is pending and there are no minor children involved in the divorce.
- Motion for Conciliation - This is a motion to be filed by one or both of the parties to a divorce action if it is believed that a delay in the proceedings may allow the parties to reconcile their differences and keep the marriage intact.
- Motion to Modify, Extend or Dismiss Civil Protection Order - This form is used to request the court to modify, extend or dismiss a civil protection order which is currently in effect.
- Motion to Proceed without Advancing a Filing Fee Deposit - This Motion must be filed (along with the Financial Disclosure Affidavit) when requesting to file documents without paying the filing fee in advance.
- New Case Designation Form - This form is required by the Clerk of Courts with all new cases or answers filed.
- Notice of Intent to Relocate - This form is used when a residential parent intends to move to a residence other than the residence specified in the parenting time order or decree of the court.
- Petition for Dissolution with Minor Children - This form is to be used in a Dissolution with children.
- Petition for Dissolution Without Children - This form is to be used in a Dissolution without children.
- Post-Decree Motions - this form states grounds for filing a post-decree motion that can be checked off as appropriate.
- Post-Decree Responsive Pleading - This form may be sent with any post-decree motion to allow the opposing party to respond to the motion. This form allows the responding party to indicate to the court whether or not there may be an agreement on the issues addressed by the motion.
- Praecipe to Court Reporter for Transcript of Proceedings - This form is required when requesting a transcript of a hearing. It must be signed by the court reporter and filed with the Clerk of Courts whenever filing an objection to a magistrate's decision or a motion to set aside a magistrate's order.
- Private Health Insurance Questionnaire - This form must be filled out by any party involved in a Divorce, Dissolution, or Legal Separation with minor children, or in any post-decree motion for medical support only.
- Separation Agreement Without Minor Children - This agreement can be used as an example of all the items that should be in a separation agreement without minor children. It may be modified according to the particular circumstances of the parties.
- Shared Parenting Plan - This plan can be used as an example of all the items that should be in a shared parenting plan. It may be modified according to the particular circumstances of the parties.
- Shared Parenting Plan Outline - This is a guide to assist the parties in the preparation of a complete shared parenting plan.
- Summons in Contempt and Order to Appear -This form is used in every Motion for Contempt.
- Temporary Order Establishing-Modifying Child Support and Medical Support – This order is to be used when child support and medical support is to be modified on a temporary basis. This is usually used while a divorce case or a post-divorce motion is pending and not yet finalized.
- Visitation - Companionship Schedule - This document lays out a standard visitation schedule for parents who cannot agree to a schedule of their own.
- Waiver of Service of Summons – This form is used in a dissolution, uncontested divorce or other uncontested matter when both parties waive the otherwise legal requirement of service of summons according to the Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Motion for Service by Posting - This form is to be used in a divorce, annulment, or legal separation action, if the plaintiff is indigent (in poverty) and if the residence of the defendant is unknown. Along with this Motion, the filing person must also file Form #11 (Indigency Affidavit).